I can help! I’ve been a member of the media as a print journalist for major magazines and newspapers for more than 25 years. I’m also a nonfiction author who’s been widely covered on TV, in print and on radio and podcasts.
This means I know what kind of pitches capture my attention as a member of the media.
Plus, I know how to write pitches that get me media coverage for my own books.
Now I want to help you get the media coverage you deserve, too—but without having to pay a publicist $5,000 to $10,000 per month to get it.
If you’re a nonfiction author or have a small business, startup or nonprofit organization, I know how tight your publicity budget can be. So, I’ll show you how to save cash with many of the same tips publicists use to connect with members of the media. And I’ll share my own insider tricks that make publicizing your book, product, service or company easy.
Want to get started by scheduling a one-on-one or group Media Consultation? Or want to book a complimentary 15-minute pre-consultation chat to find out more? You can get on my schedule by visiting Calendly.com/gabriellelichterman. Or contact me at Gabrielle@GabrielleLichterman.com or 917-370-2761 for more information.
My goal is to show you how to reach out to members of the media and successfully connect with them on your own. This way, you won’t need to hire an expensive independent publicist month after month to pitch members of the media for you.
To do this, I’ll provide you with a 60-minute one-on-one consultation or 90-minute group consultation for your team via video or phone.
During our consultation, you’ll learn industry secrets of how to…
• Find the right members of the media to approach for your book, product, company or organization
• Locate their contact information fast
• Instantly grab the attention of a journalist/producer/podcaster in your pitch
• Craft a persuasive pitch to email to members of the media
• Come up with captivating pitch topics and provide the information members of the media want to know
• Create subject lines that get your email opened
• Write an effective news release (which shares news that is currently happening or has recently happened) or press release (which shares news that will be happening in the future) that keeps members of the media reading
• Follow up (and how often)
• Avoid common mistakes that make media lose interest
I’ll also share insider information that turbo-boosts your publicity efforts, including…
• Sharing which press release distribution websites journalists love
• Simple techniques that help you remind members of the media about your book, product, company or organization without annoying them with repeated follow-ups
• Finding affordable, qualified assistants to help with your publicity campaign
I’ll also answer questions that you may have about pitching the media.
• Review, edit, revise or write the pitch you send to members of the media
• Review, edit, revise or write your news or press release
• Review your website and provide feedback regarding its effectiveness in conveying the message you want to send to the media
• Provide topics about your book, product, company or organization that would make good pitches to the media
REACH OUT TO ME. Let me know that you’re interested in a Media Consultation by emailing me at Gabrielle@GabrielleLichterman.com or calling me at 917-370-2761. Or book a 15-minute complimentary pre-consultation chat with me at Calendly.com/gabriellelichterman. Please let me know which services you’d like:
• A 60-minute Media Consultation session for one person, which is $250 payable via Venmo or PayPal prior to our meeting.
• A 90-minute Media Consultation for two or more people (maximum of 10 people), which is $350 payable via Venmo or PayPal prior to our meeting.
• Other editing or writing services, such as editing your existing email pitch or release, writing a new pitch or release and giving you feedback on your website, which is $100 per hour payable via Venmo or PayPal after services are completed.
GET ON MY CALENDAR. You can find my available times and days at Calendly.com/gabriellelichterman. I’m in the United States on Eastern time. I understand if you’re under time pressure and need a quick turnaround. I can often accommodate tight schedules.
BE PREPARED TO TALK. I’ll be asking you questions to fully understand your publicity goals. If you need backup material to refer to during our session, please have it ready beforehand so we can maximize our time together.
BE PREPARED TO TAKE NOTES. Grab a pen or be ready to type as we talk. I want to give you as much information as possible and I don’t want you to forget any important information. You can record the session if you find that helpful, but please do not disseminate the recording. I may be emailing you some materials after our session, for example, website URLs that I mentioned in our talk. But, it’s up to you to take notes about other details we discuss.
I’ve been a member of the media for more than 25 years and have written more than 10,000 articles for dozens of major publications (including Glamour, Marie Claire, New York Daily News, Self and Woman’s World). As a result, I’ve received countless pitches, press releases and news releases from individuals, companies and publicists. And almost every day, I read releases from press distribution agencies to find even more experts and information to share in my articles.
With all this firsthand experience as a member of the media, I know what you can put in a pitch that will grab our attention.
On top of this, I’m a nonfiction author of several books and creator of several apps. Starting in 2005 with my first book, I’ve been seeking out and pitching members of the media about my own work. As a result, I’ve discovered shortcuts to finding the right people to pitch along with their contact information. And, thanks in part to reading so many pitches as a journalist, I’ve been incredibly successful in crafting my own. My books and apps have garnered media coverage worldwide on TV, in print and on radio, podcasts and social media.
With over 15 years of publicizing my own nonfiction books and apps, I’ve pinpointed the kind of pitches that capture the attention of editors and journalists, producers for TV, radio and podcasts, and social media influencers. And I’ve discovered easy shortcuts to finding and contacting these members of the media.
As you can see, I’ve spent a long time on both sides of the media desk—as a member of the media and someone who is pitching my own nonfiction books and apps to members of the media.
I’ll share my expertise and experience with you so you can garner media coverage for your nonfiction book, nonprofit, small business or startup.
You’d spend about $5,000 to $10,000 per month to hire a publicist to reach out to members of the media on your behalf.
But, I can tell you as someone who has been a member of the media for more than 25 years that you do not need a publicist to get media exposure.
Truth is, members of the media like me want your pitches. That’s because we are constantly looking for news, innovations, surveys, statistics and other interesting information that’s relevant to the topics we cover to fill the endless need for new content. And the vast majority of us don’t care if your pitches come from a publicist or directly from you. It makes no difference. A good story is a good story.
So, I want to show you how to pitch members of the media yourself. It’s not difficult!
You just need to know a few simple secrets—and I’m happy to teach them to you. For instance, you’ll learn how to make an instant connection with members of the media. I’ll reveal mistakes to avoid that make us delete your pitch. And I’ll share industry secrets to finding the right members of the media who’d be interested in your pitch along with their direct contact information.
My goal is to help you become your own independent publicist. Once you learn the easy steps to finding and contacting members of the media like me, you’ll understand why a publicist isn’t necessary and you can save your money.
I look forward to hearing from you and helping you with your soon-to-be-successful publicity campaign!